Jim Dean, Co-Chairman of the Estate Planning Practice Group, has extensive experience in estate planning and administration as well as corporate and business law, particularly business transactions, mergers, and acquisitions.
- Assisted an automotive parts manufacturer in the formation and capitalization of a joint venture limited liability company that manufactures specialty chemicals for the foundry and automotive industries.
Honors & Awards
- Named Michigan “Super Lawyer” by Law & Politics® for Estate Planning and Probate (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009)
- Listed as one of the “Top Lawyers in 2010” by business Business Journal
- AV-rated, Martindale Hubbell Law Directory. For over 100 years, Martindale Hubbell has published peer review ratings for attorneys. An AV rating is a combination of the Legal Ability Rating (“A” from very high to preeminent) and the General Ethical Standards Rating (“V” very high).
- 1st Lieutenant U.S. Army, 1968-1971; Vietnam Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Bronze Star
Community & Social Activities
- Avid tennis player