Kevin Summers practices in the areas of civil litigation, business and corporation law, transportation law, commercial law, collections, bankruptcy (creditor), immigration, employment law, construction law, personal injury and probate. Kevin specializes in representing financial institutions, transportation and warehouse companies, corporations, small businesses and individuals in state and federal courts, particularly in the areas of commercial litigation, creditor bankruptcy and collections. Kevin has over 34 years of commercial litigation and arbitration experience.
Business and Litigation:
- Legal counsel to various financial institutions.
- Successfully handled and litigated claims against debtors in bankruptcy.
- Successfully handled numerous trials in state and federal courts, and arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association and in independent arbitration matters.
- Extensive experience in the recovery of freight charges, defense of cargo claims, representation in adversary complaints and overweight cases.
- Review of transportation agreements.
- Frequent speaker at Michigan Trucking Association functions.
- L-1 Intercompany Transfers of Managers, Executives and Employees with Specialized Knowledge
- H-1 Temporary Employment of Foreign Workers in Specialty Occupations
- TN Applications for Temporary Transfers or Employment of Canadian or Mexican Nationals
- B-1 Temporary Business Visitor Applications
- Employment-Based Permanent Residence Petitions
- Derivative Immigration Status Filings for Family Members of Employment-Based Immigrants
- F-1 Student Nonimmigrant Visas
- J-1 Exchange Visitor Nonimmigrant Visas
- E-Investor/Trade Nonimmigrant Visas
- Family-Sponsored Permanent Residence Petitions
- I-9 Compliance
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Commercial Litigation in the 2024 edition.
Community & Social Activities
- Livonia Parks & Recreation Commissioner, 2001 to present
- Livonia Goodfellows