Jim Dworman, President of the Firm, concentrates his practice on commercial and real estate litigation (including landlord/tenant and collections), appeals, business and entertainment law. He formerly was law clerk to the Honorable William R. Beasley of the Michigan Court of Appeals.
- Successful defense in jury trial of real estate fraud.
- Successful defense in jury trial of fraudulent loan and investment claims.
- Successful prosecution in jury trial of sale of industrial tooling/defense of breach of contract and warranty claims.
- Numerous successful prosecutions of toolmaker and mold builder lien cases.
- Represent landlords of thousands of rental properties (residential, commercial and industrial).
- Represent numerous local and national sports radio and television personalities.
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Commercial Litigation in the following editions: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023.
- Named a Leading Lawyer by Law Bulletin Media since 2018 in the following areas: Arts, Entertainment & Sports Law and Commercial Litigation.
- Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation, American Lawyer Media.
- AV-rated, Martindale Hubbell Law Directory. For over 100 years, Martindale Hubbell has published peer review ratings for attorneys. An AV rating is a combination of the Legal Ability Rating (“A” from very high to preeminent) and the General Ethical Standards Rating (“V” very high)
- Listed as one of the “Top Lawyers” by DBusiness magazine
- Received the Pillars of Excellence Award from the Michigan Jewish Sports Foundation at the 33rd Annual Hall of Fame Induction.
Community & Social Activities
- Official, High School Basketball and Football
- Law Columnist, Referee, an international sports officiating magazine