Jeff Hudson has concentrated his practice in areas of business law and in commercial contract litigation. Jeff has a solid background in litigating disputes concerning automotive concerns, particularly supplier and manufacturer disputes. He has successfully handled and litigated million dollar claims against Original Equipment Manufacturers and tier-one suppliers. Jeff has over 25 years of a commercial contract and litigation experience.
For many years he represented the Builder’s Association of Southeastern Michigan, one of the nation’s largest building industry associations and prominent member of the National Association of Homebuilders. During this time, he counseled the Association and its members with respect to contract matters and disputes. Jeff is a frequent lecturer on construction and contract remedies for the National Builders Institute, a prominent national sponsor of business seminars.
Jeff has acted as an arbitrator in contract disputes and successfully completed the 40-hour General Civil Case Mediation Training conducted by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education.
- Legal counsel to various suppliers and manufacturers in the automotive industry
- Successfully handled and litigated significant claims against Original Equipment Manufacturers and tier-one suppliers.
- Successfully handled over 20 trials in State and Federal Courts including Bankruptcy Court and in excess of 40 arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association (under respective business, labor, and international rules) and in independent arbitration proceedings
- Successfully handled numerous appeals including:
- Quade v. Hartfield Lanes, 120 Mich. App. 704 (1982) (Upheld trial court remittitur)
- Ledsinger v. Burmeister, 114 Mich. App. 12 (1982) (intentional infliction of emotional distress)
- Lud v. Howard, 161 Mich. App. 603 (1987) (Stockholder derivative action)
- Northern Concrete v. Sinacola Companies, 461 Mich. 316 (1999) (seminal construction lien case)
Particular areas of litigation and concentration:
- Sale of goods
- Sales Agents and Manufacturer’s Representatives
- Construction Liens
- Covenants Not to Compete
- Business Torts
Honors & Awards
- Named a Leading Lawyer by Law Bulletin Media since 2014 in the following areas: Commercial Litigation and ADR Law: Commercial Litigation
- Named Michigan “Super Lawyer” by Law & Politics® for Business/Corporate Law (2006, 2010)
- Listed as one of the “Top Lawyers in 2010” by DBusiness Magazine
- AV-rated, Martindale Hubbell Law Directory. For over 100 years, Martindale Hubbell has published peer review ratings for attorneys. An AV rating is a combination of the Legal Ability Rating (“A” from very high to preeminent) and the General Ethical Standards Rating (“V” very high).
Community & Social Activities
- Member of Detroit Historical Society
- Member Michigan Chapter Antique and Classic Boat Society